Wednesday, November 17, 2010

You Are More

{{You are more than the choices that you've made, 
   you are more than the sum of your past mistakes. 
   You are more than the problems you create, 
   you've been remade! 
   Cause this is not about what you've done, 
   but what's been done for you. 
   This is not about where you've been, 
   but where your brokenness brings you to. 
   This is not about what you feel, 
   but what He felt to forgive you 
   and what He felt to make you loved!}}


I know that I try really hard to "get over" what I have done in the past, but if I am honest with myself I know that is not really possible. Or necessary. I think that God uses each and every little tiny decision. Each mistake. Each thought. I think He is in everything that we do. If we think of life that way, then we really get a different picture. In a sense, it doesn't matter what's in our past. All that matters is that we are looking to him. And even when our present isn't all we thought it would be, we have to believe that we have a future that is better than we can imagine. In Ephesians it says that God is able to do immeasurably more than we can ever ask or imagine. I was reading that earlier this week, and was like woah. He has the power. He has the plan. Why do we try so hard to make things the way we want them? If we were able to 100% surrender to His will, I think this world would be a totally different place!
Just remember... All things work together for the good of those that love God.
He loves you and wants what is best for you. And all the crap in the world can't change that. We can't see the big picture... but we have a God who can and will act on our behalf! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment