Saturday, November 20, 2010

I {almost} Hear Those Sleigh Bells Ringin'

I just love the holidays!  Even a couple weeks before Thanksgiving, it's like things start to change.  Call me a hopeless romantic, but I feel like the atmosphere just slowly becomes different.  As people start to put out their Christmas lights and churches decorate for the season, it makes my heart happy!!
The old ladies get out their Christmas sweaters.
My best friend and roomie gets out her Christmas earrings (I swear she has a pair for every day between Thanksgiving and Christmas).
Stores start playing Christmas tunes.
People seem to get more generous with their time and gifts.

If only the love and peace that seems to go hand in hand with the holidays lasted throughout the year.  And if only every man, woman, and child could know the LOVE and JOY that Jesus brings.  If only we could be as generous and kind year round.

For me, it's not the season.  It's the emotion and the principal behind it.  It's the romantic glow of the lights and the sound of small children singing Silent Night.  If only we could box THAT up to remind ourselves all throughout the year...

No comments:

Post a Comment