Thursday, November 25, 2010

Count your Blessings

I have had the hymn stuck in my head all day thanks to my mother. We've hummed it, chanted it, sang it... You get the idea.
But really, this Thanksgiving, I have a lot to be thankful for.  More than the normal, cliché (but true and wonderful) "I'm thankful for my house, my family, my friends."  Though I am thankful for those things, I really started thinking about what I was MOST thankful for when Dad asked (tradition at our table is to go around and talk about what you are most thankful for).  I think that I am most thankful this semester for my community.  For the first time, I really feel like I fit in and have a safe place.  I finally have friends that really care about me and what I think.  I have learned enough about myself to love and be comfortable with who I am.  And trust me, I thought that day would never come. I am just so very thankful that I can go "home" to my house in Greenville.

Count Your Blessings this Thanksgiving... God is always at work.  And He loves us.  There is always something to thank Him for!!
Happy Thanksgiving!

1 comment:

  1. Love this. Love you. And. . my dad does that same thing at Thanksgiving around the dinner table :)

    ReplyDelete